Operations Engineer Job Description
This operations engineer sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Operations Engineer Job Responsibilities:
Supports plant operations by identifying and solving operational problems.
Operations Engineer Job Duties:
- Identifies operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; investigating complaints and suggestions; interviewing process supervisors and operators; completing troubleshooting procedures.
- Identifies operational priorities by assessing operational objectives; determining project objectives, such as, efficiency, cost savings, energy conservation, operator convenience, safety, environmental quality; estimating relevance, time, and costs.
- Develops operational solutions by defining, studying, estimating, and screening alternative solutions; calculating economics; determining impact on total system.
- Anticipates operational problems by studying operating targets, modes of operation, unit limitations; monitoring unit performance.
- Improves operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process re-design; implementing changes; contributing information and opinion to unit design and modification teams.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Provides operational management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating and engineering data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Operations Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
Operations Research, Safety Management, Reporting Skills, Manufacturing Control Planning, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Supply Management, Analyzing Information , Technical Understanding, Innovation, Quality Focus
Get Help Finding the Best Operations Engineer for your Team
Your next operations engineer will be a key part of your team. But finding that hire could prove to be challenging. We understand what you’re up against, and we know how to help. Sign up for exclusive Monster Hiring advice and we’ll send you the latest information to help you hire the talent you need, from crafting a great job description to posting the job in all the right places. We’ll even throw in a special job posting offer to get you moving in the right direction. Let’s start hiring!