Night auditor job description sample
This night auditor job description sample can help you create a posting that will attract the most dependable candidates. This overall structure and format make it easy for you to customize it with your specific requirements and desired skills for your open position. And if you’d like some additional ideas about what to include, browse our hotel job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] Begin your front desk job description with an introduction to your hotel or resort. You’ll want to stress the positive qualities of your company and why a job seeker would want to work for you. Take this chance to make your position stand out from other competing job listings, by painting a picture that makes it easy for potential candidates to imagine working for you.
Night Auditor Job Responsibilities:
- Welcome guests in a warm and friendly manner overnight.
- Ascertains guests’ lodging, purchasing needs.
- Assists guests and owners in a branded, friendly, proactive, and efficient manner with appropriate follow-up as necessary.
- Registers guests and manages the rooming chart.
- Collects payments by accepting cash, check, or charge payments from customers; and makes change for cash customers.
- Verifies credit acceptance by reviewing and recording driver’s license number; and operating credit card authorization systems.
- Balances cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
- Reconciles nightly finances and reports.
- Responds to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Provides pre-arrival support for guests arriving on packages.
- Facilitates correspondence with guests.
- Knows all essential aspects of our resort or hotel operations.
- Acts as the site liaison for the services and sales center.
- Works collaboratively with any resort associates and resources.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Make sure to include information about your working hours and benefits in this location. You can create interest and encourage job seekers to keep reading by describing the expected working conditions or requirements such as flexible schedules, weekend work, and overtime opportunities. And don’t forget to highlight any special benefits that you offer such as uniforms, free food and beverages during shifts, and employee discounts.
Night Auditor Qualifications / Skills:
- Customer Service
- Verbal Communication
- Energy Level
- Resolving Conflict
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma
- Prior resort or hotel experience preferred
- Familiarity with telephone, office, and point-of-sale software a plus
[Call to Action] Job ads that include an impressive call to action tend to get the most responses. Let job seekers know exactly how you’d like them to apply: by emailing a resume, applying in person, or clicking on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing.
Put together the perfect job description? Now put it to work.
Front desk personnel are the face of your facility. Make sure you nail your next night auditor hire with Monster job ads. With our flexible monthly options, you can choose the right plan to fit your needs and find the employees that will best represent your hotel. Plus, you’ll get access to Monster Studios, our video job ad platform, at no extra charge. Check it out right here!