Network administrator job description sample
This customizable network administrator job description template will assist you in creating an effective, search-optimized job listing. We suggest that you use the sample below to create the structure of your job ad, revising it as necessary to more accurately describe your company and the position for which you are hiring. You can find more ideas for writing your job description by taking a look through our network administrator job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] It’s a good idea to start your job posting with 2-3 sentences introducing candidates to your company and describing the work environment for the position being advertised. This is an opportunity to communicate what sets this job apart from similar roles. Get creative and put yourself in the candidate’s shoes: what would make you want to apply to this job? Bring the position to life and you will see improved results.
Network Administrator Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in network design and implementation.
- Provide network support with a variety of operating systems.
- Install and configure computer network equipment.
- Maintain network connectivity of all computer workstations.
- Provide network support to users.
- Maintain servers and associated hardware, applications, services, and settings.
- Develop and monitor policies for the use of network resources.
- Implement and manage disaster recovery and back-up.
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades.
- Monitor network to ensure optimal performance.
- Create and maintain network users/permissions.
- Test release of products to minimize user impact and ensure compatibility.
- Create technical support documentation for systems and applications.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is where we suggest providing details on benefits and working hours. Adding in these details not only helps your job listing perform better in search but also makes your position stand out to job seekers. Go ahead and list specifics like commuter benefits, retirement plan options, or office perks such as food or employee events.
Network Administrator Qualifications/Skills:
- Fundamental knowledge of networking concepts
- Proven network engineering, network operations, and network performance analysis skills
- Hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of computing infrastructures
- Familiarity with server management and monitoring tools
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Proficiency with scripting languages
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years experience in a network administration role
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 preferred
- Previous experience with Cisco switches and routers preferred
- MCSE certification a plus
- CISSP, CCNA, or CCNP certification a plus
[Call to Action] Now it’s time to add in a call to action. Telling potential applicants exactly how you want them to apply will increase conversions for your job ad by eliminating any confusion. Do you want resumes emailed to a specific person, or is there a link that applicants should click to apply online? Let candidates know what they need to do to get this job.
Ready to do less looking and more hiring?
Monster job ads can help you find the right candidate fast. Our flexible monthly plans all include access to unlimited candidates across the entire Monster network: website, email distribution, mobile app, newspaper partners, and partner websites like Military.com. Post your job today!