Medical Scribe Job Description Sample
This medical scribe job description template is a great blueprint to help you create a posting that will attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise this outline to meet your specific job duties and job requirements, including any unique details of your clinic or medical facility. You can also get more ideas about crafting the perfect description by browsing our medical transcription job listings.
[Intro paragraph] The best medical scribe job descriptions begin with a few sentences that introduce the prospective employees to their company, culture, and working environment. This is where you can sell your hospital or medical facility to job seekers and set yourself apart from competing listings.
Medical Scribe Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares and assembles medical record documentation/charts for physician(s).
- Enters the patient room with the physician during patient visit to capture and transcribe medical record documentation utilizing electronic medical record applications.
- Ensures medical record compliance by self-documentation attestation.
- Updates patient history, physical exam, and other pertinent health information in the patient
- Prepares and sends all documentation to physician for review and approval via authentication of detailed data entry and facility-specific procedures.
- Monitors the duration of basic lab results and screening procedures.
- Complies with hospital and medical facility policies, including those relating to HIPAA and Joint Commission.
- Performs other clerical duties and tasks to improve provider productivity and clinic workflow as assigned.
[Work Hours & Benefits] It’s always a good idea to highlight the working hours and benefits specific to your medical facility. Potential medical scribes want to know about team size, staff-to-patient ratios, and workweek flexibility. You can also highlight any of the benefits unique to your organization, like childcare reimbursements, commuter benefits, and tuition or continuing education credits.
Medical Scribe Qualifications / Skills:
- Administrative writing skills
- Reporting skills
- Organizational skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Professionalism, confidentiality, and organization
- Verbal Communication
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree with pre-health career track preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy a plus
- Skilled in operating various medical record software and hardware, word-processing, and database software programs
- Minimum of 60 WPM preferred
[Call to Action] The best job descriptions entice potential medical scribe applicants to apply and teach them how, by concluding with a compelling call to action. For instance, let job candidates know whether you’d like them to submit an application via a button at the top of the job listing or if you’d rather them email an application, resume, and supporting documents to an HR representative at your facility.
Rendered the Perfect Medical Scribe Job Description?
You’re off to a great start. And Monster job ads can take finding your next transcriptionist to the next level by providing a range of monthly plans perfect for any size company or job search. Plus, you can cancel at any time. Get started today and you’ll have access to SearchMonster, our massive candidate engagement platform, at no extra charge.