Digital Marketing Job Description Sample
This digital marketing job description sample can help you assemble a listing that will attract the most – and most qualified – marketing candidates. Get the best results by keeping this outline’s general structure and organization, and revising it with the specific job duties and requirements of your open position. You can also take a look at our digital marketing job listings for more ideas on creating the best ad.
[Intro paragraph] Job seekers love a description that begins with an introductory paragraph telling them a little bit about your company and working environment. Take two or three sentences to shape your recruiting pitch for the ideal candidate, and you’ll set your company apart from competing listings.
Digital Marketing Job Responsibilities:
- Plans and executes all web, SEO/SEM, database marketing, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns.
- Designs, builds, and maintains our social media presence.
- Measures and reports performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assesses against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Identifies trends and insights and optimizes spend and performance based on the insights.
- Brainstorms new and creative growth strategies through digital marketing.
- Plans, executes, and measures experiments and conversion tests.
- Collaborates with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
- Utilizes strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Identifies critical conversion points and drop off points and optimizes user funnels.
- Collaborates with agencies and other vendor partners.
- Evaluates emerging technologies.
- Provides thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Don’t forget to summarize the details about your firm’s working hours and benefits. Advise prospective marketing gurus about the possibility for flexible hours or work-week structures, as well as any travel requirements. This is also the perfect chance to sell potential hires on benefits unique to your company, like commissions, stock options, or paid parental leave.
Digital Marketing Qualifications / Skills:
- Creating and maintaining client relationships
- Self-motivated yet customer-focused
- Proficient in marketing research and statistical analysis
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing or a related field
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, particularly within the industry
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends, SEMRush, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Experience in setting up and optimizing PPC campaigns on all major search engines
[Call to Action] Now it’s time to do what this ad is designed to: Turn potential applicants into actual applicants. How do you do it? With a well-crafted call to action. Let future marketing specialists know exactly how to apply with details on resume or application submissions, along with any other requirements. Or, simply tell them to click the “apply” button at the top of the posting.
Ready to Post the Perfect Job Description?
You’ve done the heavy lifting, now on to the fun part — using Monster job ads. Get started today and pick out the monthly plan that’s right for your company. All of them allow you to scale up, phase down, or cancel your job search at any time.