Data analyst job description sample
This data analyst job description sample is your launching pad to create the ideal posting to attract the best, most qualified candidates. Just build in the specific duties and requirements of your position to the structure and organization of this outline, and you’ll turn those candidates into applicants. And check out our data analyst job listings for more ideas on how to fill out your description.
[Intro Paragraph] Kick off your analyst job description by introducing prospective applicants to your company, corporate culture, and working environment. This is your chance to let prospective analysts know what you have to offer new hires and set your posting apart from the rest by catering your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate.
Data Analyst Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and manages information to support corporate decision making.
- Manages and improves existing reporting systems.
- Performs complex analyses.
- Conducts and facilitates (and educates and trains on) analyses, issues identification, organizational risk assessment, and decision-making processes.
- Provides consulting and analytic services to leadership.
- Provides technical support and mentoring and training to less senior analysts.
- Develops methodology and processes for prioritization and scheduling of projects.
- Analyzes problems and determines root causes.
- Defines company data assets (data models), spark, sparkSQL, and hiveSQL jobs to populate data models.
- Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Job seekers also want to know about your working hours and benefits. The best performing job descriptions inform future data analysts about the availability of flexible hours, work from home options, or other telecommuting opportunities. They also highlight unique office perks and benefits they offer, like conference sponsorships, continuing education credits, or paid time off.
Data Analyst Qualifications / Skills:
- Advanced analytical knowledge of data
- Conducting big data analysis
- Developing software and data models
- Developing algorithms
- Business analysis
- Business process modeling — enterprise to department level
- Process oriented with great documentation skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, computer science, management information systems, or related field or equivalent related experience
- Five+ years data analyst or related experience, including proficiency with analytical software or equivalent related education
- Proficiency in statistics, data analysis, and research methods
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, decision making, customer service, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, project management, quality management, teamwork, written communication, group presentations, group process facilitation, influence, results orientation, strategic thinking, and team building
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database PC applications
[Call to Action] You’ve attracted some attention on your job description, but how do you get the applications in your inbox? With a compelling call to action that lets analysts know exactly how to apply and encourages them to do so. Advise job seekers to contact your HR department directly or to apply via this listing.
Ready to post your perfect data analyst job description?
Great. Now, let Monster job ads put you in the driver’s seat when it comes to finding the right hire. Our range of monthly plans can be customized for any size company or job search. You’ll even get access to Monster Studios, which lets you create video job descriptions, at no additional charge. Plus, you can cancel at any time.Get started right now!