Coroner Sample Job Description
This coroner sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job Job Duties and job requirements.
Coroner Job Responsibilities:
A Coroner determines circumstances and cause of death by conducting tests; directing staff physicians, technicians, and investigators.
Coroner Job Duties:
- Determines circumstances of death by directing work activities of staff physicians, technicians, and investigators.
- Determines cause of death by conducting inquests; performing autopsies; conducting pathological and toxicological analyses.
- Fixes responsibility for death by making scientific judgment of accidental, violent, or unexplained death.
- Provides information by testifying at inquests, hearings, and court trials.
- Secures inter-agency cooperation by coordinating interdepartmental activities of public health and law enforcement agencies.
- Maintains records by recording findings; documenting evidence; filing and retrieving information.
- Helps relatives obtain insurance and burial benefits by providing information concerning circumstances of death.
- Maintains unclaimed corpses by providing storage for required timeframe; arranging for disposition.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with health, sanitation, and legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances coroner’s office reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Skills/Qualifications: Integrity, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information , Judgment, Informing Others, Physiological Knowledge, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Legal Compliance, Objectivity, Emotional Control, Attention to Detail
Coroner Skills and Qualifications:
Integrity, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information , Judgment, Informing Others, Physiological Knowledge, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Legal Compliance, Objectivity, Emotional Control, Attention to Detail
Learn more about the hiring process: