Compliance Officer Job Description Sample
This compliance officer job description sample can assist you in creating a job application that will attract strong candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this description to meet your specific duties and requirements. If you need help with ideas about what to include, refer to our compliance officer job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] Make this first paragraph a short marketing summary introduction to your company. A short, two- to three-sentence marketing summary of your business is a great to create way to excitement in a prospective compliance officer’s mind about the possibility of working for you. Tell them what you have to offer new hires that makes your position stand out from other competing roles.
Compliance Officer Job Responsibilities:
- Provides audit information to management by researching and analyzing data; preparing reports.
- Prepares compliance audit data by compiling and analyzing internal and external information.
- Supports departments by collecting and coordinating internal compliance data with auditors and various departments.
- Provides administrative support by implementing systems, procedures, and policies; completing projects in support of compliance auditors.
- Helps others by answering questions and responding to requests.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
- Enforces adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Enhances compliance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests
- Explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Research has shown that putting work hours and benefits here in the middle of your compliance officer job description encourages potential new hires to keep reading your ad. Be sure to add information about special working hours or benefits, such as flexible schedules, weekend work, travel requirements, and work-from-home opportunities. You will also want to mention additional benefits such as office perks, commuter benefits, and paid time off.
Compliance Officer Qualifications / Skills:
- Legal compliance
- Research skills
- Reporting research results
- Analyzing information
- Administrative writing skills
- Working with others
- General math skills
- Statistical analysis
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, public administration, or related field (including at least 12 semester units of accounting, finance, economics, or statistics)
- Seven (7) years of professional performance auditing, analytical or similar work experience
- Three (3) years of lead-auditor or similar experience leading and directing professional staff; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
- Possession of a professional designation such as Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Governmental Auditing Professional, Certified Information Systems Analyst, Certified Government Finance Manager, or Certified Fraud Examiner
[Call to Action] The highest performing job descriptions give potential new officers a way to respond to your ad. This is called a call to action. Tell candidates what they need to do to apply to your position. This can be by having them click the apply button, sending a resume to an email address, or applying on your company’s website.
Ready to Post Your Compliance Officer Job Description?
Now that you worked to create the perfect job description, you need to get it working for you. Monster is a leader in connecting employers with employees. We have monthly plans that will provide you the flexibility that you need and the resources to help you find the best compliance candidates. You can also take advantage of Monster Studios, our easy-to-use app that lets you create video job descriptions. Let Monster help you get started today!