Catering Job Description Sample
This catering job description sample is the perfect start to creating a listing that will attract the most dependable candidates and convert them into applicants. Simply build on the structure and organization of this outline by adding the specific duties and requirements of your position. Then can visit our catering job listings for more ideas about cooking up the best job posting.
[Intro Paragraph] Beginning your job description with a few sentences that introduce the job seeker to your service and unique working environment can truly set you apart from competing ads. The idea is to communicate what your business brings to the table and the opportunities you can provide new staff.
Catering Job Responsibilities:
- Assists the kitchen and service staff as needed to maintain the highest level of food quality, presentation, and timing to optimize guests dining experience.
- Sets up and breaks down chairs, tables, and buffet.
- Sets up the front line with the equipment, plateware, and smallwares needed to effectively serve all food products.
- Loads and unloads plates, silverware, and other service equipment.
- Serves courses, clears dishware, and ensure that guests dining needs are taken care of.
- Keeps serving stations restocked throughout the event.
- Cleans large and small trays and tray stands to be ready for service.
- Maintains guest tables and serving stations according to client specifications and procedures.
- Assists other catering staff as needed to optimize the guests’ dining experience.
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift.
- Reports any unsafe condition, unsafe act, accidents and/or injuries to the manager on duty.
- Correctly completes closing duties at the end of each event.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is a great spot to talk about your catering service’s working hours and benefits. You can advise applicants about event schedules or travel requirements, as well the benefits that set you apart, free uniforms, healthcare coverage, or meals and food discounts.
Catering Qualifications / Skills:
- Customer service
- Planning and multi-tasking
- Self-motivated with a high energy level
- Verbal communication
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Hospitality-related kitchen or front-of-the-house experience preferred
- Current food handler’s card and other certification as required by federal/state/local law
[Call to Action] Now’s the time to convert interested catering staff into applicants. The best postings do that with a well-crafted call to action, where you advise job seekers exactly how to apply. For instance, you might request that prospective caterers submit an application in person, email their resume to someone at your eatery, or simply click the “apply” button at the top of the job listing.
Ready for Your Catering Job Description to Go Live?
Now on to the fun part. Deliver your hiring message to the best catering candidates with Monster job ads. Our wide range of monthly plans can fit any company’s needs. Get cooking today!