Admissions Director Job Description
This admissions director sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Admissions Director
Admissions Director Job Purpose: Attracts students to the university by directing admissions strategies; promoting the university nationally; directing staff.
Admissions Director Job Duties:
- Accomplishes admissions human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops admissions organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes admissions operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops admissions financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Promotes the university and attracts new students by maintaining working relationships with other university departments; working closely with the alumni office and the publications department.
- Maintaing continuing flow of quality applicants and transfers to the university by analyzing trends in enrollment and marketing activities, leading activities to continue programs that are effective; modifying programs; presenting new sales strategies for the university's recruitment and admission activities.
- Promotes the university nationwide by making presentations and speeches at alumni meetings, high school conferences, and community job fairs throughout the united states.
- Welcomes prospective student to the campus by staging semi-annual open houses.
- Maximizes recruiting and admissions processing by using state-of-the-art recruiting and admissions computer technology.
- Gains the respect of diverse individual groups by demonstrating the ability of the university to respond to the concerns and interests of its minority communities.
- Determines scholarship recipients by serving on the university's scholarship selection committee.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances admissions department and university reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Informing Others, Listening, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Motivating Others, Foster Teamwork, Self-Motivated, Organizational Astuteness, Coordination, Tracking Budget Expenses, Administrative Writing Skills
Read more about the recruiting process: