Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Description Sample
This accounts receivable clerk sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Responsibilities:
Secures revenue by verifying and posting receipts; resolving discrepancies.
Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Duties:
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Accounts Receivable Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
Organization, Accounting, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Financial Software, Analyzing Information , Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Reporting Research Results, Verbal Communication
Hiring your next Accounts Receivable Clerk
Every company needs a well-organized account receivable clerk. How can you find the right hire? We’re here to help. Sign up for exclusive Monster Hiring advice and we’ll send you helpful hiring tips delivered right to your inbox. We’ll even throw in a special job posting offer to get you moving in the right direction Make your next hire one that will help your business succeed.