This technical support specialist sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Technical Support Specialist
Technical Support Specialist Job Purpose: Maximizes computer system capabilities by studying technical applications; making recommendations.
Technical Support Specialist Job Duties:
- Evaluates system potential by testing compatibility of new programs with existing programs.
- Evaluates expansions or enhancements by studying work load and capacity of computer system.
- Achieves computer system objectives by gathering pertinent data; identifying and evaluating options; recommending a course of action.
- Confirms program objectives and specifications by testing new programs; comparing programs with established standards; making modifications.
- Improves existing programs by reviewing objectives and specifications; evaluating proposed changes; recommending changes; making modifications.
- Evaluates vendor-supplied software by studying user objectives; testing software compatibility with existing hardware and programs.
- Places software into production by loading software into computer; entering necessary commands.
- Places hardware into production by establishing connections; entering necessary commands.
- Maximizes use of hardware and software by training users; interpreting instructions; answering questions.
- Maintains system capability by testing computer components.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Problem Solving, Presenting Technical Information, Process Improvement, Software Maintenance, Software Testing, Network Design and Implementation, Load Balancing and Scalability, Vendor Relationships, Software Performance Tuning, Network Performance Tuning, Database Performance Tuning
Find out more about compensation: