Programmer Sample Job Description
This programmer sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Programmer Job Responsibilities:
Creates and modifies computer programs by converting project requirements into code.
Programmer Job Duties:
- Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client.
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Encodes project requirements by converting work flow information into computer language.
- Programs the computer by entering coded information.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Programmer Skills and Qualifications:
General Programming Skills, Analyzing Information , Problem Solving, Software Algorithm Design, Software Performance Tuning, Attention to Detail, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Documentation, Software Testing
Find out more about recruiting trends in the IT industry.
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Programmer Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about the hiring process:
- Improve your Interviews with a Post-Game Review
- Why Hire Veterans? Answer: For the Job Skills
- Red Flags and Warnings in the Interview Process