This database specialist sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Database Specialist
Database Specialist Job Purpose: Maintains database by planning, monitoring, and improving performance.
Database Specialist Job Duties:
- Plans database upgrades by maintaining , evaluating, and improving a transaction processing model
- Assesses database performance by developing a protocol for measurement of results and identification of problem areas.
- Supports database performance by monitoring database performance; evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems; designing database management tools; answering user questions.
- Secures database by preparing access and control policies and procedures; implementing disaster recovery procedures.
- Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations, and technical support teams.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Database Management, Data Maintenance, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Requirements Analysis, Attention to Detail, Database Security, Developing Standards, Database Performance Tuning, Operating Systems
Find out more about employee compensation: