These sample interview questions will help you find the right candidate to fill your office assistant job description.
- Tell me about your previous work experience as an office assistant.
- What were your primary responsibilities?
- What type of duties did you handle in previous positions?
- What type of reporting structure did you work within in previous jobs?
- What skills do you consider your greatest strengths?
- Have you had experience in maintaining office equipment? If so, what type of products?
- Tell me about a complex project you were tasked with completing under deadline.
- What type of documents and formats have you generated in the past?
- What have you done at your present/last company to increase revenues, reduce costs, or save time?
- What have you done to improve your skills as office assistant?
- What makes you a great fit for this position?
- What type of schedule are you looking to work?
- Would you be available to work extra hours if needed?
Every interview you conduct provides an opportunity to improve your interview skills.
Your initial contact with a prospective job candidate might involve a phone interview.
Throughout the interview process, you’ll want to be aware of red flags and warning signs that will help you avoid common hiring mistakes.
Next step: Research the average employee compensation for Office Assistants in your area with the HR Salary Wizard®.
TargetPost™ job postings connect you with local skilled, hourly and administrative candidates at a competitive price and help simplify your recruiting process.