Music producer job description sample
This music producer job description sample is designed to allow you to get your advertisement up and running in no time. Use this structure and format, plug in the specific requirements for your open position, and you can create the ad that will attract the right candidates for your company. And if you need more ideas about what to include, browse our music producer job listings.
[Intro paragraph] The most effective job postings use the first paragraph to write a short two- to three-sentence introduction to your company. This is a marketing piece that describes your company to prospective music producers and lets them know all the benefits of working for you. Tell job seekers what you bring to the table for new employees, setting your company apart from the competition.
Music Producer Job Responsibilities:
- Arranges compositions, runs recording sessions, and suggests changes to instrumentation, effects, and lyrics.
- Guides the mixing, mastering, and recording engineers.
- Gathers ideas and inspiration for projects and develops the vision and direction for each project.
- Manages project budgets and handles contracts and negotiations.
- Develops production timelines and tracks advertiser supplied product & assets for integrations.
- Keeps internal department workflow and tracking documents up to date.
- Logs and archives all content the company produces.
- Edits music clips of integrated content the company produces and uploads on the company’s web site.
- Works closely with the network or studio scheduling teams to track delivery, air/publish dates, and times of upcoming integrated content.
- Support the team on all integrations and proposals.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Research shows that music producer job descriptions perform better when they include a paragraph right here about the working hours and benefits unique to your company. Be sure to include information candidates will want to know, like seasonal work or travel requirements. And remember to highlight any office perks, company discounts, and profit-sharing opportunities as well.
Music Producer Qualifications / Skills:
- A strong music production background
- Editing abilities
- Project Management
- Ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Coaching and ability to foster teamwork
- Proactive, with a high level of organization
- Promoting process improvement
- Ability to communicate with production companies in a professional manner
- Conducting marketing research
- Creating and fostering client relationships
- Developing creative standards
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in science of music, or Bachelor’s degree in music
- 3+ years’ experience using digital audio hardware and software
- Firm grasp of sound editing techniques
- Knowledge of industry law and ethics
[Call to Action] If you want a truly effective job advertisement, give your music producer candidates a direction on how to apply to your job. This is called a call to action and it simply tells your candidates to send their resume to a specific contact at your company or click the “apply” button at the top of the ad. Advice candidates of any additional job application requirements, like a cover letter or portfolio items.
Ready to post your music producer job description? Get it working for you
The creation of a great job description is just the first step. You can also target your advertisement to an intended audience with Monster job ads. We have a variety of monthly plans that help companies pick what best suits their needs, allowing them the flexibility to swap out job ads, scale up, downgrade, or even cancel as their needs change. Get started today!