Logistics job description sample
This logistics job description sample is the ideal template for creating a posting that will attract the best qualified candidates for your open position. Edit and revise this structure and outline to include your specific job requirements and duties, and then browse Monster’s logistics job listings for even more ideas for crafting the best possible posting.
[Intro Paragraph] For the best results, take 2-3 sentences to introduce your company to prospective logistics applicants, highlighting your unique company culture and working environment. Consider this an opportunity to really sell yourself to job seekers and set your company apart from competing listings.
Logistics Job Responsibilities:
- Drives a culture of “Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time” with actions and words on a daily basis.
- Safely and efficiently performs assigned processes to meet the required daily logistics activities.
- Collaborates and communicates with logistics technicians, customer service representatives, quality personnel, and others involved in the shipment and receipt of products about information related to the shipment.
- Compiles carrier and route assignments.
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of shipments.
- Successfully conducts and completes all assigned trainings.
- Participates in continuous improvement training and trains others.
- Oversees hazardous waste storage areas, hazardous waste documentation, equipment, and procedures.
- Understands and follows proper spills and emergency cleanup procedures.
- Prepares hazardous waste shipments, including proper labeling of all hazardous waste.
- Provides additional backup support for shipping and receiving departments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Now would be a great time to discuss your company’s working hours and benefits. Advise potential logistics applicants of seasonal work requirements or any possibilities for overtime pay. You can also talk about the benefits that set your business apart, like paid vacation time and tuition, commuter, or childcare reimbursements.
Logistics Qualifications / Skills:
- Quick learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain focus, and adapt to a variety of challenges
- Ability to conduct detailed procedures in a time constrained environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or higher
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience in logistics operations
- 3+ years of shipping, receiving, warehouse operations, inventory management, and import/export operations experience
- Experience filing International Maritime Organization (IMO), Automated Export System (AES), and Importer Security Filing (ISF) documents
- Proven record processing shipments in accordance with DOT regulations and hazardous material labeling requirements
- Experience processing shipments using UPS and FedEx software
- Basic proficiency with MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Knowledge of 49 CFR, 15 CFR, Department of Transportation (DOT), International Air Transport Association (IATA), and International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) regulations preferred
- Prior global shipping management/customs clearance experience is highly desirable
[Call to Action] Now that applicants are familiar with your company and the job requirements, you need a compelling call to action, so prospective logistics staff know exactly how to apply. Turn interested job seekers into actual applicants by letting them know who to contact at your company to apply, how to submit an application and resume, or whether to simply click the “apply” button at the top of the posting.
Happy with your job description?
You’re off to a great start. But how do you find the right job candidates? Monster job ads offer flexible monthly plans that allow you to upgrade, scale down, or cancel at any time. Get started here and you’ll even have access to SearchMonster at no extra charge, putting our massive resume database at your fingertips.