IT specialist job description sample
This IT specialist job description sample can assist you creating a job application that will attract strong candidates who are qualified for the role. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific duties and requirements. You can also browse our information technology job listings for more ideas on how to fill out your description.
[Intro Paragraph] Begin your IT job description with an introductory paragraph that tells the prospective applicant a little bit about your company and the working environment. This is your chance to set your company apart from the rest. Take 2-3 sentences to cater your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate and lure the best of the best.
IT Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Provides clients with information by designing methods to collect and retrieve data.
Identifies client requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Collects data by identifying sources of information and designing survey and collection methods.
- Organizes information by studying, analyzing, interpreting, and classifying data.
- Resolves retrieval problems by altering design to meet requirements.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting system changes and revisions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Establishes and revises database by conferring with analysts and programmers to code and retrieve data.
- Maintains database by entering data.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Discuss the working hours and benefits specific to your company here. This is your chance to tell prospective IT specialists about flexible hours, the ability to work from home, or other telecommuting opportunities. And focus on the benefits that set you apart, like conference sponsorships or continuing education or tuition credits.
IT Specialist Qualifications/Skills:
- Technical understanding
- Process improvement
- Data processing
- Reporting research results
- Networking knowledge
- Presenting technical information
- Written communication
- Operating systems
- Reporting skills
- Client relationships
- Documentation skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or engineering
- Minimum of five years of experience in IT or database administration
- Experience working with following environments: Mac OS, Windows 10 & Windows Server 2008+ operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange / Office 365, Network Storage, Azure, KACE 1000
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting various technical equipment such as laptops, video conferencing systems, mobiles, etc.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Powershell, Bash, Java, etc.)
[Call to Action] The most effective job descriptions let candidates know how to apply and encourage them to do so. So here you should have your call to action. Advise prospective specialists to apply through the job listing or to contact your HR department directly.
Ready to post your IT specialist job description?
Posting a great job description and waiting for a response is a perfect start. But did you know Monster job ads can put you in control when it comes to finding the right information technology experts? Our range of monthly plans can be customized for any size company or job search, and you can even access Monster Studios, which lets you create video job descriptions. Get started right here!