Facilities manager job description sample
If you want top candidates to go from reading your job posting to actively applying for your open positions, then you need a compelling job description. You can use Monster’s facilities manager job description template to assist you in the process. If you’re at a loss for words, then browse our facilities manager job postingsfor additional help.
[Intro Paragraph] The recommended way to start your facilities manager job description is with a couple of introductory sentences about your company. Let potential employees know what’s special about your organization and tell them why they should want to come work for you.
Facilities Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees building and grounds maintenance.
- Operates and maintains custodial functions.
- Ensures security and emergency preparedness procedures are implemented properly.
- Ensures that the facility is clean and maintained according to company policy and procedures.
- Handles general accounting tasks, such as accounts payable, payroll, petty cash, and budgeting.
- Oversees and supervises the quality of work for other employees to ensure that all tasks are performed correctly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Manages and reviews service contracts.
- Conducts and documents regular facilities inspections.
- Checks completed work by vendors and contractors.
- Recommends maintenance, mechanical, electrical, and facility design modifications.
- Communicates workplace safety precautions to employees.
- Forecasts, allocates, and supervises the financial and physical resources of the facility management.
[Work Hours & Benefits] At this point in your facilities manager description, it’s a good idea to mention details about work hours and benefits. Typically, the job seeker reads this with great interest, and this information will encourage them to read all the way to the end of your listing. Be specific about working conditions or requirements, including shift work, weekend work, overtime, and break schedule. Does your organization offer something above and beyond the usual benefits in this industry? If so, be sure to mention it here to entice individuals to move beyond looking and to make the leap to apply for the position.
Facilities Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Closing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Customer service orientation
- Communication skills
- Technical engineering skills
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- IT skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Most employers prefer a BA in facility management, business, information management, or engineering
- 5 -10 years in related positions
[Call To Action] Make sure to conclude your facilities manager job description with a call to action. This makes it more likely that you’ll receive a response. Give the job seeker a clear directive, such as telling them to click on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing or apply on the company’s website.
Get the right tools to help you find your next great hire
Following the template should help you attract a quality sampling of facilities managers. If you’re ready to post now, get help from Monster. There is a plan just for you. You can even scale up or down, depending on your needs. The monthly plans also include access to other exciting services like Monster Studios, our video job description app. Find out more today.