Dental Laboratory Technician Job Description
This dental laboratory technician sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Dental Laboratory Technician Job Responsibilities:
Maintains and improves patients’ oral health by fabricating fixed and removable prostheses according to dentist prescriptions.
Dental Laboratory Technician Job Duties:
- Replaces partial or total loss of natural teeth by constructing partial or full dentures (metal and non-metal).
- Restores natural teeth by fabricating crowns and bridges.
- Corrects dental irregularities by manufacturing fixed or removable appliances.
- Completes implantology procedures by fabricating prostheses to fit implants the dentist places directly into the patient’s jawbone.
- Replaces missing facial and body tissues due to injury, disease, or developmental abnormality by fabricating maxillo-facial prostheses.
- Constructs prostheses by following the dentist’s prescription; making models of the mouth and teeth from impressions of the patient’s mouth taken by the dentist; building-up wax replicas of part or all of the mouth and/or teeth on the model; encasing the wax in a mould material and melting away the wax; replacing the wax with plastic, metal, or ceramic materials to make the replacement appliance; polishing and finishing the appliance prior to its being placed in the patient’s mouth by the dentist.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Utilizes and conserves supplies and equipment by completing plaster casting, electro-spot welding, metal casting, metal polishing, wax modeling, ceramics, wire bending, electroplating and sandblasting; using CAD/CAM units; maintaining supplies inventories; keeping equipment operating.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Updates dental laboratory technician job knowledge and skills by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances dental laboratory reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Dental Laboratory Technician Skills and Qualifications:
Customer Focus, Customer Service, Use of Dental Technology, Dental Health Maintenance, Patient Services, Surgical Experience, Procedural Skills, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Attention to Detail, Job Knowledge
Find out more about compensation: