Delivery Driver Job Description Sample
This delivery driver job description sample is your framework for a posting that will attract the most dependable candidates. For the most effective listing, maintain the overall structure and format of this outline, then build in the specific job requirements and duties of your position. You may also want to browse Monster’s delivery driver job listings for more ideas for crafting a successful description.
[Intro Paragraph] The best job ads use the first two or three sentences to introduce prospective delivery drivers to their company. Talk about your company culture and working environment right here — this is your opportunity to set your restaurant or service apart from competing listings.
Delivery Driver Job Responsibilities:
- Delivers high-quality products to our customers in a safe, courteous, and timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains outstanding relations with customers.
- Reviews and verifies invoices and purchase requests to ensure accuracy.
- Inspects delivery vehicles and ensures the safety and security of the loading and unloading process.
- Contacts customers to confirm delivery details.
- Determines placement of merchandise, follows safety and lifting protocols during deliveries, and conducts safety reviews.
- Maintains delivery logs and records.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is the ideal place to discuss your working hours and benefits. Tell potential applicants about seasonal work hours or overtime requirements. You can also talk about the benefits — like paid vacation time or family leave — that set your establishment apart.
Delivery Driver Qualifications / Skills:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity with local streets, neighborhoods, and routes
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment preferred
[Call to Action] Now that prospective drivers are familiar with your location and the job requirements, you need a strong call to action to encourage them to apply. Turn interested job seekers into actual applicants by letting them know who to contact at your company to apply and how to submit an application or resume.
Ready for Your Delivery Driver Job Description to Go Live?
You worked this hard on a great job ad and now get working on finding the best candidates. Monster job ads provides flexible monthly plans that can be tailored to any candidate search. And if you get started today will give you access to our search and engagement platform, SearchMonster, allowing you to connect with the best job candidates.