Architect Job Description Sample
This architect job description sample can help you create the ideal posting to attract the best qualified candidates. By building on the structure and organization of this outline and customizing it with your specific job duties and requirements, you can turn those candidates into applicants. You can also browse our architect job listings for more ideas on how to fill out your description.
[Intro Paragraph] Beginning your job description by introducing prospective applicants to your company, corporate culture, and working environment is your chance to set your posting apart from the rest. Take two or three sentences to shape your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate, letting them know what you have to offer new hires.
Architect Job Responsibilities:
- Researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials and systems.
- Produces conceptual plans, renderings, and documents.
- Plans and programs layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans.
- Produces construction documents in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Working with the Project Manager, may direct, supervise, and check activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project.
- Interfaces with Director of Architecture and project managers.
- Works in tandem with highly collaborative multi-discipline design teams.
- Assists in research and coordination of materials and products for project specifications.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Discuss the working hours and benefits specific to your company here. The best performing architect job descriptions inform future employees about flexible hours, the ability to work from home, or other telecommuting opportunities. And they highlight unique benefits, like conference sponsorships, continuing education credits, or profit sharing opportunities.
Architect Qualifications / Skills:
- Ability to provide elegant and efficient design solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style to include teamwork and team building ability
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Technically creative and open-minded
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of architectural experience preferably within the hiring firm’s field
- Understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations, building construction, building systems and site requirements
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office suite is required
- LEED AP is preferred
[Call to Action] You’ve got a candidate’s interest. Now you need to let them know how to apply and encourage them to do so. So, here is where you include a compelling call to action, advising job seekers to apply through the job listing or to contact your HR department directly, along with any other application requirements.
Ready to Post Your Architect Job Description?
Posting a job description and waiting for a response great. But Monster job ads can put you in the driver’s seat when it comes to finding the right architect. Our range of monthly plans can be customized for any size company or job search. Get started today!