Accounting director job description sample
Use this accounting director job description sample to guide you in creating an advertisement to attract the right candidate. The format and structure have been provided, all you need to do is insert your specific requirements for the position with your company. If you need ideas about information to include, see our accounting job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] The first paragraph should be a short two- to three-sentence marketing description of your company and what you have to offer a new hire. This is your chance to sell a potential candidate on the idea that you have more to offer them than a competing role. Be creative. Try to give your candidate a positive image of the working environment that makes them want to apply.
Accounting Director Job Responsibilities:
- Supports organization financial objectives by providing financial analyses and recommendations and directing staff.
- Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations for strategic thinking and direction, and establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes accounting operational strategies by evaluating trends, establishing critical measurements, determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies, designing systems, accumulating resources, resolving problems, and implementing change.
- Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information, and advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
- Maintains sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations, presenting tax strategies to management, and filing returns.
- Maximizes sales margins by recommending product and service pricing policies.
- Minimizes inventory investment by analyzing returns and recommending inventory levels and reorder points.
[Work Hours & Benefits] In this paragraph you should describe your work hours and benefits. Let your candidates know when you expect them to work and be sure to mention if there are flexible schedule or work-from-home opportunities. Describe your company benefits, making sure to include things like office perks, commuter benefits, provided company equipment, and tuition reimbursement.
Accounting Director Qualifications/Skills:
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Business to business selling skills
- State and federal tax laws
- Property and sales tax laws
- Computer accounting software skills
- Project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Focused on results
- Mindful of deadlines
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS or BA in accounting
- Three to six years of relevant accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Accounting management experience
- Experience supervising accounting staff
- Experience in accounts payable and accounts receivables
[Call to Action] Your accounting director job description is not complete until you provide a call to action. Your advertisement will perform better if you tell your potential candidates that they can respond by clicking the apply button or by sending a resume to a specific email address. Don’t overlook this step. It is the difference between your candidate applying with your company or just moving on to the next job posting.
Ready to post your job description?
The hard part of drafting the job description is complete, now you need to post it. Monster can help you. We offer flexible monthly plans that allow you to upgrade, downsize, or swap out job ads as your needs change. Free access to SearchMonster, our massive resume bank, is included. If you prefer, you also can use Monster Studios to create video job descriptions. Monster is a real value add in your recruiting efforts. Get started today!