This peoplesoft systems administrator sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: PeopleSoft Systems Administrator
PeopleSoft Systems Administrator Job Purpose: Maintains computing environment by identifying PeopleSoft system requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring system performance.
PeopleSoft Systems Administrator Job Duties:
- Establishes PeopleSoft system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
- Establishes PeopleSoft system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains PeopleSoft system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secures PeopleSoft system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: System Administration, Operating Systems, Peoplesoft Financials, Peoplesoft HRMS, PeopleSoft Architecture Skills, Software Performance Tuning, Networking Knowledge, Software Requirements, Network Maintenance, Network Performance Tuning, Database Performance Tuning
Read more about how the hiring process: