This compliance counsel sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Compliance Counsel
Compliance Counsel Job Purpose: Implements government and public affairs policies by interpreting new regulations and laws; keeping management informed; recommending strategies; managing staff.
Compliance Counsel Job Duties:
- Accomplishes corporate compliance human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves corporate compliance operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets corporate compliance financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Interprets new regulations and laws by reviewing and analyzing proposed and adopted state legislation and regulations.
- Develops action plans by determining corporate positions; conducting research; developing strategies for complaints, investigations, and administrative proceedings.
- Recommends public policy strategies by keeping management, operational, and marketing areas informed on public policy issues.
- Represents the organization's interests by lobbying regulatory agencies through personal and staff visits; writing correspondence; forwarding position papers; attending public hearings; participating in national associations' discussions on public policy.
- Supports company positions by developing company responses and defenses to complaints, investigations, and administrative proceedings.
- Complies with legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising executive management team on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances corporate compliance and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Objectivity, Strategic Planning, Persuasion, Employment Law, Anti-Trust Regulation, Legal Compliance, Supervision, Professionalism, Integrity
Learn more about the hiring process: