Warehouse Manager Job Description Sample
This warehouse manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Warehouse Manager Job Responsibilities:
Provides materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services; supervising staff.
Warehouse Manager Job Duties:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Warehouse Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Supervision, Developing Budgets, Safety Management, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Surveillance Skills, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information , Equipment Maintenance, Judgment
Finding your next Warehouse Manager
Locating an experienced warehouse manager can be a tall order in today’s competitive labor market. Let us help ease the process. Sign up for exclusive Monster Hiring advice and we’ll send you helpful hiring tips delivered right to your inbox. We’ll even throw in a special job posting offer to get you moving in the right direction. It’s time to find the talent your company needs.