Truck driver job description sample
If you need to hire truck drivers, then look no further than Monster’s truck driver job description template. This provides a foundation to create a posting that can bring the right applicants to you. Just add the unique details for your specific job requirements. Take a look at our truck driving job listings for more ideas.
[Intro Paragraph] As an introduction to your truck driver job description, you can give applicants a good sense of what it’s like to work for the particular company and how this will benefit them. This is an important way to highlight the ways that your organization is special and distinct from other employers.
Truck Driver Job Responsibilities:
- Drive and operate trucks.
- Follow instructions; locate and read location and road maps.
- Pre-inspect truck.
- Pick up goods and materials, verify loads for accuracy, and deliver them as instructed.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Responsible for basic vehicle maintenance; comply with all safe work practices, policies, and processes at all times.
- Complete and verify paperwork for accuracy
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Placing information about work hours and benefits in this spot, helps keep the job seeker focused. Because work hours and benefits are very important to their interest in the job, they will likely continue reading. Be sure to discuss the working environment like overtime, family/ friends/ pets ride-along, and home time. This is also the place to talk about any special benefits or perks that your company has that the competitors don’t, like credit for military experience, paid orientation, or sign-on bonuses.
Truck Driver Skills and Qualifications:
- Traffic laws/ DOT regulations/ driving knowledge
- Pallet jack experience required; forklift experience preferred
- Ability to lift 80 pounds repeatedly throughout day
- Able to pass random drug tests
- Clean driving record
- No DUI/DWI convictions in the past seven years
- Listening and verbal communication skills
Education, Experience, and Age Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CDL – Class A or Class B or Class C
- Certificate from an accredited CDL school
- 21 years or older
- HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements required
- N, P, S, T, or X endorsements preferred
- At least six months of OTR experience
[Call to Action] Including a call to action to close out your truck driver job description will get you more responses to your job posting. Give the candidate a clear direction about how to apply. For instance, “apply on the company website.”
Get expert help with your posting and keep on trucking
If you’re in urgent need of hiring truck drivers, crafting the right job description is a great first step. But wading through those resumes and then choosing the best candidates can be quite challenging. Need help? Then turn to Monster for assistance with recruiting, hiring, management strategies, and more. Take advantage of a variety of plans and get access to massive email distribution and much more. Get more information now.