Marketing Director Job Description Sample
This marketing director sample job description can help you put together a posting that will attract the best and most qualified candidates. For the best results, build on the structure and organization of this outline, customizing it with your specific job duties and requirements. You can also browse our marketing director job listings for more ideas on how to personalize your ad.
[Intro Paragraph] Start out with an introductory paragraph that tells the prospective applicant a little bit about your company and the working environment. Two or three sentences catering your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate is your chance to set your company apart from the rest.
Marketing Director Job Responsibilities:
- Develops marketing strategy by studying economic indicators; tracking changes in supply and demand; identifying customers and their current and future needs; and monitoring the competition.
- Contributes to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; and implementing directives.
- Obtains market share by developing marketing plans and programs for each product and directing promotional support.
- Maintains relations with customers by organizing and developing specific customer-relations programs and determining company presence at conventions, annual meetings, trade associations, and seminars.
- Provides short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data.
- Influences present and future products by determining and evaluating current and future market trends.
- Develops new uses for existing products by analyzing statistics regarding market development; acquiring and analyzing data; and consulting with internal and external sources.
- Maintains research database by identifying and assembling marketing information.
- Provides marketing information by answering questions and requests.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Completes marketing department operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Maintains marketing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains marketing staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Develops marketing staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Here would be a great place to include details about your firm’s working hours and benefits. Tell prospective marketing directors about flexible hours or work-week structures, and any travel requirements. You can also highlight any benefits unique to your company, like tuition or continuing education credits, paid parental leave, or childcare reimbursement.
Marketing Director Qualifications/Skills:
- Creating and maintaining client relationships
- Coaching and subordinate involvement
- Managing Processes
- Self-motivated yet customer-focused
- Proficient in marketing research and statistical analysis
- Able to develop budgets
- Familiar with financial planning and strategy
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing or a related field
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, particularly within the industry
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends, SEMRush, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Experience in setting up and optimizing PPC campaigns on all major search engines
[Call to Action] Here is your chance to turn potential applicants into actual applicants, by letting them know exactly how to apply with a well-crafted call to action. Provide details on resume or application submissions, along with any other requirements.
Ready to Post Your Job Description?
Now that you’ve built the perfect job listing, you can take your search for the best marketing director to the next level. Monster job ads provide a wide range of monthly plans to choose from, allowing you to scale up or phase down or cancel at any time. Find the right plan for your company and you’ll even have access to SearchMonster, our massive resume database, at no extra charge. Get started now!