Manager Job Description Sample
This manager job description sample can assist in creating a job application that will attract candidates who are qualified. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific duties and requirements. If you need more ideas for what information to include, check out Monster’s manager job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] The most effective manager postings begin with a marketing summary of your company. This short introduction describing what you have to offer new employees will help you generate interest among potential candidates, get applicants excited about the prospect of working for you, and set yourself apart from other listings.
Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes department objectives by managing staff; planning and evaluating department activities.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Ensures a safe, secure, and legal work environment.
- Develops personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Coaches, counsels, and disciplines employees.
- Develops, coordinates, and enforces systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Establishes strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information.
- Defines objectives, identifies and evaluates trends and options, chooses a course of action, and evaluates outcomes.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards, analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems, and recommending system improvements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Put the description of your work hours and benefits in the middle of the job posting to help keep prospective candidates reading your advertisement. Describe standard work hours and any special working conditions that may apply like flexible hours, work-from-home opportunities, and travel requirements. And don’t forget to include office perks like free lunches, commuter benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Performance management
- Project management
- Quality management
- Results driven
- Developing budgets
- Developing standards
- Foster teamwork
- Handles pressure
- Giving feedback
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or management a plus
- Three years’ experience in an office setting
- Proficiency with office software
Got your Manager Job Description Ready?
One great manager can help an office, a team, or your entire business run like a well-oiled machine. Could you use some help finding your next manager? Monster’s flexible monthly plans allow you to upgrade, scale down, or switch your postings and will help you find the perfect people manager. Get started today and you’ll also get free access to Monster Studios, our easy-to-use app that lets you create video job descriptions!