Construction Project Manager Job Description Sample
Behind every great building is a talented group of people. As the owner of a construction company, you know that you need the right team in place, from the construction project manager and construction manager to the construction workers.
When you’re hiring a construction project manager, it is essential to find someone with the organizational skills to set and stick to budgets and timelines. While a construction project manager may not don a hard hat every day, they are responsible for supervising the construction manager and visit the site frequently to make sure everything is going according to plan.
If business is booming and you need to build up your team to take on more clients, you likely want to find the right person fast. You can save time by customizing this construction project manager job description to meet your firm’s hiring needs. It may also be helpful to look at Monster’s construction project manager job postings to see how other companies are hiring for this pivotal role.
Construction Project Manager
[Intro Paragraph] In this paragraph, write an elevator pitch for the role and your company that encourages talented construction project managers to apply. Clarify whether your firm specializes in residential or commercial projects, or both. You can make your firm stand out from your competitors by noting your unique company culture, mission, and values. Also note any accolades your firm has won, such as innovation and safety awards.
Construction Project Manager Job Responsibilities: Use this section to list the construction project manager’s responsibilities so candidates can determine if they have the required skills. You might be looking for a construction project manager who:
- Plans all phases of the construction lifecycle from initiation to completion.
- Obtains all necessary regulations and permits.
- Orders necessary supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Makes sure projects are aligned with agreed-upon plans.
- Manages a construction manager and oversees their work.
- Communicates with clients and delivers project progress reports.
- Develops and adheres to the budget, timeline, and quality control plan.
- Collaborates with architects, engineers, electricians, and other specialists.
- Writes and submits testing and inspection logs, quality assurance reports, and punch lists.
- Ensures that all local, state, and national building codes and regulations and safety precautions are followed.
- Uses scheduling software to update schedules, track progress, and document project progression.
[Work Hours and Benefits] This is where you’ll want to mention if you’re looking for a full-time or part-time construction project manager and the typical work hours. Note benefits your company offers like health insurance, paid time off, performance bonuses, tuition reimbursements, and opportunities for advancement.
Construction Project Manager Qualifications and Skills: Use this section to let construction project managers know if they have the necessary building blocks of success. Here’s a list of qualifications and skills you may want to include:
- Knows how to use popular construction project management software.
- Builds strong relationships with clients, contractors, and construction workers.
- Supervises a construction manager and assistant construction project managers.
- Excels at organization, time-management, problem-solving, and budgeting.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction science and management, engineering, architecture, business administration, or a related degree
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 30-Hour Outreach Training
- Construction Project Management certification
- Five years of construction experience
[Call to Action] Effective construction project manager job descriptions prompt interested candidates to apply. Invite candidates to apply from the job posting or your company’s website.
Post Your Construction Project Manager Job Description to Build Your Team
After writing your construction project manager job description, the next challenge is to find the right candidates. We can help you lay the foundation for a successful recruitment process. With Monster’s global reach and filtering tools, you’ll be able to quickly find talented construction project managers. Find out how you can get started today with a free job posting on Monster.