Sample interview questions when hiring candidates for the most popular jobs
You wouldn’t ask a baseball coach the same interview questions you’d ask an astronaut, right? The same goes for the more popular jobs you’re trying to fill.
Whether you’re planning to hire a bookkeeper, office assistant, or receptionist, to find the best candidates, you need the best interview questions— the ones that are tailored for that specific role and that will give you a sense of whether the candidate is right for the job or not. But getting the right questions can take time to research and craft.
To make things easier for you, Monster took a look at 100 job descriptions and crafted sample interview questions for the most popular jobs (you’re welcome!). Read on to get these helpful resources, and more.
The first step is to get the right candidates by writing an accurate job description
Having effective interview questions won’t matter much if you’re not fielding the right applicants. Before you interview anyone, you need to write a good job description that will bring in the best candidates. In your job description, focus on skills and experience that your company values. Take that focus with you into your interviews. But first, write down some questions.
Prepare sample interview questions
Monster’s sample interview questions are here to help you conduct the interview. While there are common questions to ask in any interview, our questions are also tailored toward each specified position. So, for example, here are some of the sample questions you would find for a Bookkeeper position:
- Tell me about your previous work experience as a bookkeeper.
- How much interaction did you have with vendors and clients?
- What type of accounting systems are you most familiar with using?
- What sort of financial reports were you responsible for preparing?
- Are you familiar with federal, state, or local legal requirements?
The list of questions for each job goes on, culling insights from experts about how to conduct an interview. The sample questions include queries to explore skills, experience, and behavior. Here are more samples for you to use:
- Account Clerk: Sample Interview Questions
- Administrative Assistant: How to Interview
- Administrative Support Worker: Sample Interview Questions
- Customer Service Representative: Sample Interview Questions
- Graphic Designer: How to Interview
- Medical Assistant: Sample Interview Questions
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialists: How to Interview
- Medical Office Receptionist: Sample Interview Questions
- Office Assistant: Sample Interview Questions
- Project Manager: How to Interview
- Receptionist: Sample Interview Questions
- Retail Salesperson: Sample Interview Questions
- Telemarketer: Sample Interview Questions
Targeted interview questions will help you identify the best candidates for the specific jobs. Of course, they will be the ones who give the best answers.
Get the right answers and close the deal like a boss with Monster
Even if the job you’re trying to fill isn’t on this list, hopefully it’s inspired you to create your own list of questions tailored to that position. By asking the right questions, you’ll get the best people for the most popular jobs. Guess what? Monster has even more to offer your business to help take you to the next level. Check out Monster Hiring Solutions today, where you can access expert recruiting tips, the latest hiring trends, and many other hiring resources for your business.