Telecommunications Specialist Job Description
Telecommunications Specialist Job Responsibilities:Establishes communications systems by programming voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment.
Telecommunications Specialist Job Duties:
- Plans network installations by studying technical specifications; preparing an installation schematic.
- Establishes voice and data networks by programming features; establishing interfaces and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools.
- Verifies service by testing and re-programming circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying and correcting problems; conferring with engineers.
- Documents network by recording configuration diagrams and programming.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Maintains safe work environment by following standards and policies.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Telecommunications Specialist Skills and Qualifications:Telecommunications Knowledge, Telecommunications Technologies, Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal, Technical Documentation, Attention to Detail, Independence, Functional and Technical Skills, Dealing with Complexity, Decision Making, Operating Systems
Find out more about writing a job description: