System Security Analyst Job Description
This system security analyst sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
System Security Analyst Job Responsibilities:
Protects computer assets by establishing and enforcing system access controls; maintaining disaster preparedness.
System Security Analyst Job Duties:
- Establishes system controls by developing framework for controls and levels of access; recommending improvements.
- Maintains access by providing information, resources, and technical support.
- Ensures authorized access by investigating improper access; revoking access; reporting violations; monitoring information requests by new programming; recommending improvements.
- Establishes computer and terminal physical security by developing standards, policies, and procedures; coordinating with facilities security; recommending improvements.
- Safeguards computer files by performing regular backups; developing procedures for source code management and disaster preparedness; recommending improvements.
- Develops security awareness by providing orientation, educational programs, and on-going communication.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
System Security Analyst Skills and Qualifications:
Information Security Policies, Informing Others, System Administration, Network Security, Firewall Administration, Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Project Management, On-Call, Network Protocols, Routers, Hubs, and Switches
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search System Security Analyst Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how the hiring process: