Social Worker Job Description
This social worker sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Social Worker Job Responsibilities:
Help clients by assessing their situation; setting goals; obtaining required services.
Social Worker Job Duties:
- Determines nature of client's situation by interviewing client; assessing medical, psychological, emotional, and social information; making on-site visits.
- Establishes course of action by exploring options; setting goals with client.
- Obtains assistance for client by referring him/her to community resources; arranging for appointments; establishing rapport with other agencies.
- Fosters client's action or adjustment by interpreting attitudes and patterns of behavior; explaining and pointing out new options.
- Maintains record of case by documenting client's situation and client's own actions.
- Monitors planned actions by periodic follow-up.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; participating in quality reviews; reporting needed changes.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Social Worker Skills and Qualifications:
Handles Pressure, Objectivity, Confidentiality, Organization, Planning, Reporting Skills, Persistence, Proactive, Listening, Verbal Communication, Client Relationships
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Social Worker Jobs and apply on Monster now.