Retail Merchandiser Sample Job Description
This retail merchandiser sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Retail Merchandiser Job Responsibilities:
Produces supermarket sales by providing point-of-purchase and shelf management services.
Retail Merchandiser Job Duties:
- Determines call schedule by reviewing priorities with supervisor; discussing special instructions, product promotions, new products, and price changes.
- Maintains customer relationships by visiting with store managers, department managers, and employees; answering their questions; responding to special requests; describing product features.
- Maintains store shelves by observing displays of company products; removing damaged or freshness-dated products; tidying store shelves; providing optimum display of products.
- Maintains inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory; observing inventory levels; prompting store management to reorder when levels appear low; arranging for return and credit for damaged products.
- Completes call report by observing display and pricing of competitors' products.
- Helps field sales representatives with special promotions by setting-up displays at aisle ends; checking daily on special promotions; observing customer reaction to special promotions; forwarding observations to management; removing promotions at end of special promotion period.
- Provides information by reporting growth, expansion, or closing of supermarkets in assigned territory.
- Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances merchandising and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Retail Merchandiser Skills and Qualifications:
Product Knowledge, Quality Focus, Customer Focus, Organization, Client Relationships, Promotions, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Territory Management, Competitive Analysis, Job Knowledge
Find out more about recruiting trends in the retail industry.
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Retail Merchandiser Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Read more about how to interview: