Public Health Nurse Job Description
This public health nurse sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Public Health Nurse Job Responsibilities:
Maintains the public's health by providing health services and information.
Public Health Nurse Job Duties:
- Serves patients by visiting homes; determining patient and family needs; developing health care plans; providing nursing services and treatments; referring patients with social and emotional problems to other community agencies.
- Helps the community health care team by coordinating assessment, planning, and providing of needed health and related services; participating in case conferences with physicians, hospital and rehabilitative personnel, and representative of other agencies.
- Provides health information by instructing family in care and rehabilitation of patient; maintaining health and prevention of disease for family members; teaching home nursing, maternal and child care; providing instructions in other subjects related to individual and community welfare.
- Safeguards health of children by participating in child health conferences, school health; providing group instruction for parents; conducting immunization programs.
- Arranges convalescent and rehabilitative care of sick or injured persons by cooperating with families, community agencies, and medical personnel.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending changes in processes; implementing changes.
- Keeps vehicle and equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and patient records.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements; keeping patient information confidential.
- Updates public health job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances public health department and city reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Public Health Nurse Skills and Qualifications:
Verbal Communication, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Listening, Quality Management, Energy Level, Integrity, Infection Control, Informing Others, Nursing Skills, Medical Teamwork, Multi-tasking
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Public Health Nurse Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Read more about how to hire: