Psychiatrist Sample Job Description
This psychiatrist sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job Job Duties and job requirements.
Psychiatrist Job Responsibilities:
A psychiatrist helps patients by evaluating medical and psychosocial conditions; developing and implementing treatment plans, including prescription of psychotropic medications; monitoring and evaluating treatment results.
Psychiatrist Job Duties:
- Evaluates patients by interviewing patient, family, and other persons; conducting physical examinations; observing behaviors; reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests; ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
- Develops treatment plans by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders; establishing treatment goals and methodologies.
- Treats patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications; discussing progress toward goals with patients; providing instructions; monitoring effect of medications; supervising staff provision of services.
- Maintains interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress; consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, mental health therapists, nurses, and other health care providers.
- Assures quality and safe service for patients and staff by enforcing policies, procedures, standards, rules, Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Care Organizations requirements, and legal regulations; participating in utilization reviews; remaining available for emergency consultations.
- Improves staff competence by providing training and discussions regarding the interrelationship between psychosocial and physiological problems, psychotropic medications, crisis intervention, and related issues.
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events; writing summaries.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Skills/Qualifications: Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information , Decision Making, Listening, Verbal Communication, Patient Services, Mental Health, Psychiatry, Building Relationships, Discretion, Bedside Manner
Psychiatrist Skills and Qualifications:
Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information , Decision Making, Listening, Verbal Communication, Patient Services, Mental Health, Psychiatry, Building Relationships, Discretion, Bedside Manner
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Psychiatrist Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about the hiring process: