Physical Therapy Assistant Job Description
This physical therapy assistant sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Physical Therapy Assistant Job Responsibilities:
Promotes and maintains health by providing physical therapy services under the supervision of a physical therapist.
Physical Therapy Assistant Job Duties:
- Contributes to physical therapist's effectiveness by identifying patient care issues; providing information and commentary; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physical therapy directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying therapy histories.
- Assesses abnormal conditions by reviewing physical therapist's interpretations of patient evaluations and test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities; and in using supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintains production objectives by noting current treatment trends; monitoring actual physical therapy services rendered to production objectives.
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and jacho standards; anticipating emerging issues.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances physical therapy and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Physical Therapy Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Physiological Knowledge, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Motivating Others, Organization, Bedside Manner, Patient Services, Health Care Administration, Documentation Skills, Listening, Verbal Communication
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Physical Therapy Assistant Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Find out more about social media recruiting: