Network Administrator Sample Job Description
This network administrator sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Network Administrator Job Responsibilities:
Maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance.
Network Administrator Job Duties:
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Network Administrator Skills and Qualifications:
Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study, Technical Zeal
Find out more about recruiting trends in the IT industry.
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Network Administrator Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire:
- Writing a Job Description: Reign in Job Requirements
- Evaluate a Job Candidate's Social Skills
- Interviewing Gaffes and Recruiting Disasters