Information Systems Manager Job Description
This information systems manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Information Systems Manager Job Responsibilities:
Accomplishes information systems objectives by managing staff; designing and monitoring information systems.
Information Systems Manager Job Duties:
- Accomplishes information systems staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains safe and healthy working environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards; adhering to legal regulations.
- Sustains information systems results by defining, delivering, and supporting information systems; auditing application of systems.
- Assesses information systems results by auditing application of systems.
- Enhances information systems results by identifying information systems technology opportunities and developing application strategies.
- Safeguards assets by planning and implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by determining service level required; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Information Systems Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Quality Management, Management Proficiency, Manufacturing Quality, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Production Planning, Developing Budgets, Network Security, Promoting Process Improvement, Network Maintenance, Operating Systems, Problem Solving
The best way to find your next information systems manager
Your next information systems manager is an important hire. But filling that role can be difficult in today’s tight labor market. We’re here to help. Sign up for exclusive Monster Hiring advice and we’ll send you the latest information to help you hire the talent you need, from crafting the job description to asking all the right interview questions. We’ll even throw in a special job posting offer to get you moving in the right direction. Your next information systems manager is just around the corner.