Echocardiography Technologist-Technician Job Description
This echocardiography technologist-technician sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Echocardiography Technologist Technician Job Responsibilities:
Produces images of heart muscle and functioning by setting-up ultrasound equipment; attaching electrodes to chest and equipment; operating and adjusting equipment; recording cardiac data and measurements; protecting and helping patients.
Echocardiography Technologist Technician Job Duties:
- Prepares for examinations by checking equipment and inventorying and restocking supplies; reviewing patient schedules; reading physician orders for specific examinations; setting-up recording equipment; entering patient information into system.
- Reduces patient anxieties by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing assistance to examination table or treadmill.
- Prepares patients by positioning patient; spreading gels; attaching electrodes to chest and equipment; adjusting equipment controls; verifying wave signals.
- Obtains quality images by positioning and repositioning transducer; monitoring display screen; listening to signals; adjusting equipment for beam strength and focus; detecting artifacts that mimic abnormalities; recording images.
- Records examination information by printing graphics and data; calculating measurements of heart wall, chamber size, and blood flow direction and velocity; comparing measurements to norms.
- Protects patients by adhering to safety policies and protocols.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential; cautioning others regarding potential breaches.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Echocardiography Technologist Technician Skills and Qualifications:
OR Logistics, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Medical Teamwork, Emotional Control, Professionalism, Verbal Communication, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Use of Medical Technologies, Radiologic Technology, Bedside Manner, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Echocardiography Technologist Technician Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Find out more about social media recruiting: