Civil Engineer Sample Job Description
This civil engineer sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Civil Engineer Job Responsibilities:
A civil engineer completes construction projects by preparing engineering design and documents; confirming specifications.
Civil Engineer Job Duties:
- Designs construction projects by studying project concept, architectural drawings, and models.
- Prepares engineering design by collecting and studying reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
- Determines project costs by calculating labor, material, and related costs.
- Prepares feasibility study by analyzing engineering design; conducting environmental impact studies; assembling data.
- Prepares engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
- Confirms adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress; inspecting construction site; verifying calculations and placements.
- Fulfills project requirements by training and guiding operators.
- Maintains operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering data; completing backups.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Civil Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
CAD, AutoCAD, Design Skills, Site Development, Database Design, Planning, Conceptual Skills, Legal Compliance, Drafting, LISP, Problem Solving
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Civil Engineer Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about the hiring process: