Cardiovascular Technologist Job Description
This cardiovascular technologist sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Cardiovascular Technologist Job Responsibilities:
Aids physicians in diagnosis and treatment of heart, lung, and blood vessel disorders by conducting invasive and non-invasive diagnostic tests of cardiovascular and pulmonary systems; maintaining equipment; recording test results.
Cardiovascular Technologist Job Duties:
- Registers patients by entering anticipated service date into the patient record; verifying medical history.
- Comforts patients by welcoming them to the cardiology suite; answering their questions; responding to requests.
- Supports physicians in diagnosing and treating cardiac and peripheral vascular ailments by helping physicians wind a catheter through a patient's blood vessel to the heart.
- Completes electro-cardio-grams (EKGs or ECGs) by attaching electrodes to the patient's chest, arms, and legs; manipulating switches on a electrocardiograph machine to obtain a reading.
- Completes treadmill stress tests by connecting patient to an EKG monitor; obtaining a baseline heart-rate reading and resting blood pressure; increasing the speed of the treadmill; observing the effect of increased exertion.
- Completes non-invasive peripheral vascular tests by collecting ultrasound echoes to form a screen image of the heart function, blood flow, and circulation.
- Documents patient services by completing patient records, forms, reports, logs, and other records.
- Maintains equipment by ensuring that computers and cardiovascular systems and equipment are operating properly; following operating instructions; reporting any hazardous or potentially dangerous conditions; responding to equipment breakdowns; troubleshooting problems; calibrating equipment; following preventive maintenance procedures; anticipating repair requirements; calling for repairs.
- Maintains quality results by evaluating diagnostic studies for quality and diagnoses.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following asepsis standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and JCAHO standards.
- Enhances cardiology and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Cardiovascular Technologist Skills and Qualifications:
Cardiovascular Knowledge, Use of Medical Technologies, Medical Teamwork, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Dealing with Complexity, Hospital Environment, Bedside Manner, Presenting Technical Information, Quality Focus, Analyzing Information , Informing Others
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Cardiovascular Technologist Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about recruiting: