Biomedical Technician Job Description
This biomedical technician sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Biomedical Technician Job Responsibilities:
Supports patient diagnosing and treatment by installing, testing, calibrating, and repairing biomedical equipment; training users; maintaining safe operations.
Biomedical Technician Job Duties:
- Approves new biomedical equipment by conducting tests; ensuring adherence to codes; making modifications.
- Installs new biomedical equipment by establishing, adjusting, calibrating, and testing performance.
- Maintains biomedical equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules; conducting tests; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions; calling for special service; evaluating service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories.
- Directs biomedical equipment operation by providing equipment operation demonstrations; instructing other healthcare staff in use and care of equipment; answering questions; providing information.
- Evaluates proposed biomedical equipment by conducting tests and evaluations.
- Improves biomedical equipment performance by studying machine-patient interaction; conferring with equipment users; developing modifications; collaborating with equipment manufacturers.
- Maintains biomedical equipment supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Prepares biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and healthy working environment by conducting safety tests; recommending and complying with procedures; training and guiding medical and healthcare personnel; complying with codes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Biomedical Technician Skills and Qualifications:
Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information , Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Infection Control, Training Management, Lab Environment, Clinical Lab Testing, Confidentiality, Equipment Calibration, Sterilization, Conceptual Skills
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Biomedical Technician Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Read more about how to hire: