Billing Clerk - Medicaid Job Description
This billing clerk - medicaid sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Billing Clerk Medicaid Job Responsibilities:
Collects Medicaid reimbursements by gathering, coding, and transmitting patient care information; resolving discrepancies; adjusting patient bills; preparing reports.
Billing Clerk Medicaid Job Duties:
- Gathers medicaid billing information by reviewing patient hospital records; checking for completeness.
- Ensures payments by verifying accuracy of medicaid coding.
- Bills medicaid carrier by inputting billing information to database; initiating electronic transmissions.
- Resolves disputed claims by gathering, verifying, and providing additional information; following-up on claims.
- Resolves discrepancies by examining and evaluating data; selecting corrective steps.
- Adjusts patient bills by reviewing remittance advice; consulting with medicaid office.
- Prepares monthly reports of medicaid billing by summarizing billings, adjustments, and revenues received.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; keeping current on medicaid billing and reimbursement procedures..
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Accomplishes billing department and hospital mission by completing related results as needed.
Billing Clerk Medicaid Skills and Qualifications:
Data Entry Skills, Analyzing Information , Quality Focus, Productivity, Time Management, Organization, Professionalism, Attention to Detail, Financial Skills, Documentation Skills, Reporting Skills
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Billing Clerk Medicaid Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about the hiring process: