Stocker job description sample
This stocker job description sample can assist you in creating a posting that will attract the best-qualified candidates for the position. You can edit and revise this template to meet your specific job requirements and duties. Browse Monster’s stocker job listings for more ideas to help you craft a successful description.
[Intro Paragraph] The best descriptions take two to three sentences to introduce your company to prospective stockers, highlighting your unique company culture and working environment. This is your opportunity to set your company apart from competing listings and sell yourself to job seekers.
Stocker Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains a clean, neat, and member-ready area.
- Promptly unloads trucks and deliveries.
- Sorts and stocks products on shelves and in the backroom.
- Assists fellow associates as needed throughout the store.
- Maintains an accurate log sheet of daily moves, scanning inventory, and counting accurately.
- Engages with vendors and drivers with a positive attitude.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Here is where you can discuss work hours and benefits, advising applicants of seasonal work hours and possibilities for overtime pay. You can also talk about the benefits—like vacation time and tuition, commuter, or childcare reimbursements—that set your business apart.
- Scanning and sorting incoming and outgoing stock
- Receiving, stocking, and stacking
- Pulling, packing, and loading
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Six months of retail experience
- Six months of customer service experience
- Forklift Certification within 90 days of job entry date
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment is preferred
[Call to Action] Now that applicants are familiar with your company and the job requirements, you need a call to action so prospective stockers know exactly how to apply. A well-crafted call to action turns interested job seekers into actual applicants, so let them know how to submit an application and resume, or whom to contact at your company to apply.
Happy with your job description?
Getting an applicant’s attention is one thing. But how do you find the right job candidates? Monster job ads offer flexible monthly plans, allowing you to upgrade, scale down, and cancel at any time. You can even access SearchMonster at no extra charge and have access to our massive resume database for the best stocker candidates. Get started here!