Radiation Oncology Clinical Supervisor Job Description
This radiation oncology clinical supervisor sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Radiation Oncology Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
Serves patients by providing radiation oncology services; supervising staff.
Radiation Oncology Supervisor Job Duties:
- Accomplishes radiation oncology human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets radiation oncology operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets radiation oncology financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Supports patient care by resolving treatment plan issues with physicians, physicists, and treatment staff; establishing and maintaining quality assurance program for treatment and clinic functions.
- Provides statistical reports by controlling the collection of treatment and clinical data.
- Provides a safe environment by monitoring radioactive exposure of staff and patients and radium loading and handling; maintaining treatment charts and radium records.
- Prepares students for technical responsibilities by coordinating clinical rotations and training for radiation therapy technologist students.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by ensuring adherence to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances radiation oncology and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Radiation Oncology Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
Clinical Research, Medical Teamwork, Hospital Environment, Analyzing Information , Verbal Communication, Clinical Skills, Developing Standards, Supervision, Radiologic Technology, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Informing Others
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Radiation Oncology Clinical Supervisor Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: