Personal Banker Job Description Sample
This personal banker job description sample can help you create an ad that will attract the best and most qualified candidates for your position. You can retain the structure and organization of this outline. Then customize it with your specific job duties and requirements. You can also take a look at our banking job listings for more ideas on how to personalize your ad.
[Intro Paragraph] Begin your listing with an introductory paragraph that tells prospective applicants a little bit about your bank and your unique working environment. Just a few sentences calibrating your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate will set your company apart from the competition.
Personal Banker Job Responsibilities:
- Provides exceptional customer service, involving receipt and payment of cash, while working in a high volume, sales environment.
- Follows established policies in accordance with the bank and the supervisor’s direction.
- Meets monthly new account production goals as assigned by upper management.
- Processes deposits and pay out funds in accordance with bank procedures, recording all transactions accurately and balancing each day’s operations.
- Receives cash and checks for deposit, verifies amounts, and looks for check endorsements.
- Examines cash carefully to guard against acceptance of counterfeit checks and identification.
- Enters transactions into computer and issues customer receipts.
- Sells and prepares money orders, cashier’s checks, bank-to-bank wires, savings bonds, travelers’ checks, and certificates of deposit.
- Processes Western Union wires and cash advances.
- Cross-sells bank services and products.
- Provides bank services to a diverse customer base.
- Performs other tasks as requested by supervisors as they relate to the bank and its functions.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is a great place to include details about your financial firm’s working hours and benefits. Tell prospective bankers about flexible hours or work-week structures, as well as any travel requirements. And be sure to highlight any benefits you bring to the table, like tuition or continuing education credits, commissions, or paid time off.
Personal Banker Qualifications / Skills:
- Working knowledge of the banking sales industry
- Networking and negotiation skills
- Verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently and effectively to meet required deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge
- Ability to work in a team environment
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or equivalent training, education, and experience
- 3+ years in financial services or retail/business banking
- Prior supervisory or management experience preferred
[Call to Action] Now you need to turn interested parties into actual applicants. The best job descriptions tell prospective bankers exactly how to apply with a well-crafted call to action. Give job seekers specific details on resume or application submissions to your HR department, or tell them to “click on the apply button at the top of the job listing.”
Ready to Cash in Your Job Description?
Now that you’ve built the perfect listing, you can take your search for the best bankers to the next level. Monster job ads gives you a wide range of monthly plans to choose from, giving you the power to scale up, phase down, and cancel your campaign at any time. Find the plan that works for you, then get to work on MonsterSearch, our massive engagement platform, at no extra charge. Find your next banker today!