Environmental Technician Job Description
This environmental technician sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Environmental Technician Job Responsibilities:
Determines sources and methods of controlling pollutants by conducting tests and field investigations.
Environmental Technician Job Duties:
- Addresses environmental issues by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Gathers environmental data by applying agriculture, chemistry, meteorology, and engineering principles.
- Determines characteristics or composition of solid, liquid, or gaseous materials and substances by conducting chemical, physical, laboratory, and field tests, using ph meter, chemicals, autoclaves, centrifuge spectrophotometer, microscope, analytical instrumentation, and chemical laboratory equipment.
- Evaluates atmospheric pollutants by collecting and analyzing samples of gases from smokestacks; gathering other air samples and meteorological data.
- Assesses water pollutants by collecting and analyzing water samples from streams and lakes, raw, semiprocessed or processed water, and industrial waste water.
- Determines chemical composition and nature of land pollutants by collecting and analyzing soil, silt, and mud.
- Maintains environmental data base by developing information requirements; designing an information system.
- Prepares summaries and charts by gathering and testing samples; analyzing and summarizing findings and trends.
- Maintains gas and fluid flow systems, chemical reaction systems, mechanical equipment, and other test instrumentation by installing; operating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Completes research by conducting bacteriological and other tests.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the organization by complying with legal and waste management requirements.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Environmental Technician Skills and Qualifications:
Chemistry Techniques, Clinical Lab Testing, Lab Environment, Waste Treatment, Analyzing Information , Equipment Maintenance, Attention to Detail, Research Skills, Reporting Research Results, Environmental Law, Site Development
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Environmental Technician Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Read more about the recruiting process: