Admissions Director of Nursing Hospital Job Description
This assistant director of nursing-hospital sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Admissions Director Job Responsibilities:
Serves patients by supporting Director of Nursing; anticipating and identifying developing trends in nursing care; contributing nursing practice recommendations; managing staff.
Admissions Director Job Duties:
- Accomplishes nursing services department human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves nursing services operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to functional strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; supporting team leaders and team members; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets nursing services financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Creates a work environment of professional practice by encouraging innovation and collaboration; actualizing human caring; eliciting a commitment to excellence; demonstrating a respect for diversity; researching and developing nursing care practice trends.
- Maintains patient relations by facilitating open channels of communication with patients, their families, other departments, physicians, and ancillary personnel; resolving patient and visitor complaints and/or channeling them to appropriate department for solution.
- Improves quality results by developing plans and programs; introducing and evaluating new programs and technology; providing optimum learning environment for nursing students.
- Maintains hospital legal requirements by interpreting hospital policy and state nursing laws; investigating potential breaches; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising Director of Nursing on needed actions; complying with Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) requirements.
- Identifies future nursing services requirements by establishing rapport across interdisciplinary services; interpreting information from potential and actual patients and families; conferring with people in a position to understand service requirements.
- Contributes to nursing services effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Maintains nursing professional and technical knowledge by influencing policy formulation through scholarly presentations and publications; attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; maintaining relationships with community groups; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; providing leadership in professional societies.
- Accomplishes nursing services and hospital goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Admissions Director Skills and Qualifications:
Nursing Skills, Procedural Skills, Hospital Environment, Administering Medication, FDA Health Regulations, Patient Services, People Management, Foster Teamwork, Professionalism, Emotional Control, Quality Management
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Admissions Director Nursing Hospital Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Read more about how the hiring process: